U.S. Army Transportation Center and School, A-1-238

U.S. Army Transportation Center and School, A-1-238

Description/Blazon
On a brick red lozenge with rounded corners, 2 inches (5.08cm) in width and 3 inches (7.62cm) in height, a torch surmounted by a winged wheel, all golden yellow.
Symbolism
Brick red and yellow are the colors used for the Transportation Corps. The winged wheel is taken from the Transportation Corps insignia. The torch signifies knowledge and alludes to the training in transportation.
Background
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for the Transportation Training Command on 7 November 1956. It was redesignated for the U.S. Army Transportation Center and the U.S. Army Transportation School on 23 October 1962.
(TIOH Dwg. No. A-1-238)
Information & Plaques Courtesy of The Institute of Heraldry!!

Loading...