U.S. Army Signal Center and School, A-1-277

U.S. Army Signal Center and School, A-1-277

Description/Blazon
On an orange lozenge with rounded corners, 2 inches (5.08cm) in width and 3 inches (7.62cm) in height, a white torch surmounted by crossed white flags with orange detail.
Symbolism
The crossed flags are taken from the Signal Corps insignia. The torch signifies knowledge and alludes to the training in electronics and communications.

Background
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for the U.S. Army Signal Training Center on 14 Apr 1959. It was redesignated for the U.S. Army Signal Training Command on 24 Oct 1960. On 23 Oct 1962 it was redesignated for the U.S. Army Signal Center and School. The insignia was redesignated on 21 Apr 1975 for the U.S. Army Signal Center and Fort Gordon.
(TIOH Dwg. No. A-1-277)
Information & Plaques Courtesy of The Institute of Heraldry!!

Loading...