U.S. Army Chemical School, A-1-240

U.S. Army Chemical School, A-1-240

Description/Blazon
On a cobalt blue lozenge with rounded corners, 2 inches (5.08cm) in width and 3 inches (7.62cm) in height, a torch surmounted by crossed retorts, all golden yellow.
Symbolism
Cobalt blue and yellow are the colors used for the Chemical Corps. The crossed retorts are taken from the Chemical Corps insignia. The torch signifies knowledge and alludes to the training in chemical activities.
Background
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for the Chemical Corps Training Command on 7 Nov 1956. It was redesignated for the U.S. Army Chemical Corps School on 23 Oct 1962. The insignia was cancelled on 13 Aug 1976. On 22 Feb 1980 the insignia was reinstated and redesignated for the U.S. Army Chemical School.
(TIOH Drawing Number A-1-240)
Information & Plaques Courtesy of The Institute of Heraldry!!

Loading...