U.S. Army Command and General Staff College and Combined Arms Center and Fort Leavenworth, A-1-189

Command and General Staff College and Combined Arms Center and Fort Leavenworth, A-1-189

Description/Blazon
On a white shield 2 1/2 inches (6.35cm) in width and 2 1/2 inches (6.35cm) in height overall, with a 1/8 inch (.32cm) red border, a blue chevron between three blue lamps with red flames, two at the top above chevron and one below.

Symbolism
The design is based on the shield of the device approved for the school.

Background
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for the Command General Staff College on 1 Jul 1955. It was amended on 4 Dec 1956, to revise the description. On 30 Oct 1974, authorization for wear of the insignia was extended to personnel assigned to the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center and Fort Leavenworth.
(TIOH Dwg. No. A-1-189)
Information & Plaques Courtesy of The Institute of Heraldry!!

Loading...